tirsdag 23. april 2013

METAL Art and METAL Radioooos!

Vidar is one of my best friends in Oslo, maybe the world. Vidar, me and Tone  had a little Sunday walk in Oslo some weeks ago. I took them to two exhibitions I though were really good. "Hold stenhårdt fast på greia di" on Kunsthall Oslo and "Damn right! -Norwegian Wood?" on Tegneforbundet.
 I only have picture of one of them....

BUT FIRST!!!! 
 THRASH, DEATH, HELL, AAAAAaaaarrrrg!!

I just want to say I like mondays, compared to others.. 
I usually spend the most of that day at the Art Academy :)  
ONE of the highlight on mondays is Vidar and Jo´s  OVERKILL, the BEST Radio program in Norway...maybe the world?!! ;)
 One hour every week from 22.00 to 23.00 on a norwegian student radio called Radio Nova
 Waaaay to little if you ask me! 
 It´s in norwegian, so that sucks for you who don´t understand it... OR you can just give a duck and listen to the songs they choose anyway! You can also "Like" them on their Facebook page. (do it!)
They make the world a better place for Metalheads indeed!  :)

I also want to talk warmly about another norwegian Metal radio program called JERNVERKET, on Radio Rox, every Wednesday (or Sunday if you mist it). Helle Stenkløv is playing incredibly awesome music, and I always discover something new trough her show. Like like like! 

Back to the art...
So, yes, we visited an exhibition at TegneforbundetA columbian artist, Humberto Junca Casas (born,1968), had made nine drawings on children school desks.
 It was a mix of Norwegian Black Metal logos and pictures from violent events in columbian history. 
I liked it very very much! it was both cool, creepy, sad, horrifying, familiar and..close to heart in a way.
 Interesting use of Black Metal references...



And then we drank a nice coffee in the sun and then a cold beer in the shadows of KNIVEN Bar! ...The best place to hang out in Oslo! UGH!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar